Do you have questions about recycling at a commercial property in Dallas? Contact the department's Zero Waste team at CommercialRecycling@dallascityhall.com. If you're interested in setting up recycling service, please call 3-1-1 (or 214-670-5111).
The Zero Waste team is also available to answer questions about starting a recycling program for your business, apartment, church or school. Recycling posters, flyers or pamphlets for your property can be found below.
Who Can Apply?
- Multifamily Properties
- Manufacturing Companies
- Distribution Centers, Warehouses
- Restaurants & Bars
- Office Buildings, Data Centers
- Other (e.g. Barber Shops, Dealerships, etc.)
To see the results of the 2016 Commercial Recycling Survey, Click Here .
Starting a Recycling Program
Before you talk to a waste hauler, consider your property size, your operational needs and your recycling goals as well as access limitations on your property.
Questions to Consider:
- Which recyclables will be the easiest to collect?
- How valuable are these recyclables?
- What materials currently being put in the trash can be diverted (e.g. cardboard, office paper, etc.)?
- Which employee or manager will be responsible for coordinating the recycling effort?
- Where can a potential recycling container be located?
- Will my current waste hauler be able to provide a recycling container?
Questions to Ask When Choosing a Recycling Provider:
- What types of materials do you accept?
- What is the minimum amount of material you will collect?
- Can you provide a waste audit to help us determine what can be recycled?
- Can our recyclables be collected in a single container (e.g. single-stream) or do they need to be separated by type (e.g. cardboard, plastic and metal containers, etc.)?
- Do you provide containers or bags for recyclables?
- Do you provide outreach materials for tenants, guests or residents?
- What is the rate for your recycling services? What happens if my property produces a larger amount of recyclables than expected?
- Can my property reduce the size of the waste container or the frequency of waste collections (or both) by recycling?
- Is it possible to partner with other organizations in our building/campus/facility?
- How often can you collect recyclables? Is it on a set schedule (e.g. every week) or on-call?
- Can you provide us with the monthly recycling tonnages?
Flyers and Brochures