The Sanitation Services Department proudly serves City of Dallas customers by providing them with programs and services that effectively and efficiently manage municipal solid waste generated within the City of Dallas.
Programs and services include the following:
- Garbage collection
- Single-stream recycling collection
- Residential brush & bulky item collection
- Recycling drop-off locations
- E-waste drop-off locations
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events (in partnership with Dallas County)
- Cost Plus service
- Dead animal pickup
In addition to providing customers with reliable solid waste collection, Sanitation Services operates and maintains the McCommas Bluff Landfill and 3 transfer stations. The department also has 5 district offices located around the City.
Sanitation Services serves approximately 240,000 households in the City of Dallas.
Sanitation Services Monthly Rate
To benefit our community and environment while garnering benefit from our waste resources by providing excellent customer services that promote waste reduction, resource recovery, and support to the City of Dallas sustainability efforts.
Zero Waste Plan: Vision and Goals
The City of Dallas will:
To realize this vision, the following goals were established for the Plan.
- Strive for sustainability by considering the entire life‐cycle of products, processes, and systems;
- Demonstrate that the goals of economic growth, environmental stewardship and fiscal responsibility are inextricably linked;
- Reduce the volume of discarded materials and maximize diversion from disposal; and,
- Spur economic growth by recovering valuable raw materials and clean energy from discarded materials.
- 40 percent diversion by 2020;
- 60 percent diversion by 2030; and,
- Zero Waste by 2040.
Environmental Management System
An Environmental Management System (EMS) is the business system of “plan, do, check and act” applied to the management of environmental issues.
Sanitation Services is committed to continual improvement in its environmental performance and the prevention of pollution. To see more information about Sanitation Services’ commitment to the environment,